Wednesday 10 July 2013

holiday oh holiday

With one more night of setting my alarm before two glorious weeks of holiday that vampire weekend song is already on repeat in my head. I'm picturing clear waters, blue skies and temperatures above 20 degrees. I'm on the hunt for a good pile of books, summer dresses ( to be found under a pile of woolen sweaters at the back of the wardrobe) and of course holiday inspiration!

I came across a super cool city guide called 12hrs  and while I'll be swapping my Island for another small Island this guide has totally got me craving the coolness of cities. I'm sure I've mentioned my love of Amsterdam before and my dreams to return and live there. This guide has seen me add Antwerp and Berlin to my list and most likely more will soon follow.



Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Copenhagen


East London

East London

East London


Looking through the pictures I'm reminded how Europeans and indeed most of the rest of the world live their lives outdoors , eating , drinking and basically doing things communally. I love this , its so social. Auckland is definitely doing a good job on the communal outdoor space thing with Silo Park and the Britomart Area attracting people to its bean bags and grassy parks. Also restaurants seem to be open later with more casual dinning options available so that dining out isn't a big expensive lets do it once a month thing. But we need more! These cities seem so connected and Auckland could be like this- its hardly a big space!

I'm off to set my alarm, happy holiday dreaming..

No comments:

Post a Comment